Saturday, March 3, 2012

Waiting

Well for those that don't know where we are at with our adoption, we are waiting on China at this point to give us our LOA or for the laymen that is our letter of approval. Our important dates are: Pre-Approval date was 12/9/2011, our DTC (Dossier To China) was 1/20/2012, our LID (Log In Date) was 2/6/2012. So here we are. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. We knew from Danes adoption all about the waiting. You would think this would be old hat for us. It's not. It's still hard. This last week has been almost un-bearable for me. This week at work I had to do a job outside my norm, a job where you have allot of time to think. Without my normal distractions and business, I was a mess. My thoughts kept racing back to China and my little girl. Thoughts of her sitting in a crib without her family. To make matters worse most of the people I call to talk were busy. I felt alone this week. My prayers felt like they were going un-answered. I longed to talk to my grandpa. I still miss him terribly. He was always good for an encouraging word. I know that God will answer prayers in His time. I know that when I am low He always comes through with encouragement when I need it most. He has done that, over and over. I know this was just a tough week. I know there will be plenty more to come. I know he uses these to make us stronger. To get us to turn to Him and stay focused on Him. One co-worker reminded me to not let the "noise" distract me like it did with Peter walking on the water towards Jesus. The "noise" he was referring to me about was all the negativity around me. The waves and noise (negative people) that would distract me from God's calling for me to adopt. The people that don't understand why I want to adopt and why I want to adopt internationally. I pray that next week will be easier. I am hoping that our LOA will come quickly. I know God is in control, and He will always guide me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying God grants you peace during your wait and that your wait isn't too much longer!

    ReplyDelete